Saturday, August 29, 2009

BLT my way



Three years ago I decided to stop eating chicken, beef, pork, basically all land animals. The reasons for this are very complicated, involving the production of meat in this country and my concern to reduce my carbon footprint. Many of you know my story, or have heard one of the sermons that I have presented at Westminster in honor of earth day. I have not been able to get away from dairy (yet).

So when I have a BLT now, it is Brie, Lettuce and Tomato. The lettuce and the tomato came out of my garden. The sandwich below also had grilled eggplant (mine) and carmelized onions added to it, with a smear of:



This pesto is made locally, you can get it at the RI College Farmer's Market and the Pawtuxet Village Farmer's Market. For other locations, check their website: Besto Pesto



So everything in this BLT, except for the Brie is local. I know the wheat is not local, but the bread was baked locally. We pick it up at the Farmer's Market in Pawtuxet when we are there. They bake on Federal Hill. Can't remember the name of it right now. The bread is a multi-grain, densely textured and delicious.

If anyone knows of a local Brie, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment